Office of Transitional Ministry
With the potential changes facing our clergy, churches and communities, the Office of Transitional Ministry anticipates and addresses these changes in times of discernment and transition.
There are a variety of transitions which are faced by:
- The COVID-19 pandemic
- Simple accountable structures for governance
- Conversations on Church Potential
- Development of cooperative parishes
- Interim pastorates
- Peer learning
- Onboarding and moving seminars
- With churches and clergy who may be leaving the UMC or others who are discerning next steps.
The United Methodist Book of Discipline provides for various methodologies for this work- paragraphs 212 and 213 (churches in transitional communities) as well as paragraph 206 (cooperatives parishes).
The Director of Transitional Ministry is a part of the Office of Connectional Ministries and serves on the ACC staff as well as the Bishop’s Cabinet.
For more information on disaffiliation or discernment processes, click here.
To contact the office of transitional ministry, reach out to director Rev. Dr. Tish Malloy, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-530-2027.