UM Men shares year-end numbers
The UM Men’s mission is to support spiritual growth among men and to help men mature as disciples as they engage spiritual formation in others. There are four main areas of focus: leadership development, church renewal, ministry with the poor, and global health.
The numerical year in review is below. More information about UM Men can be found online at www.gcumm.org/news/um-men-2019-wrap-up.
UM Men by the numbers 2019
- 9 People inducted into the John Wesley Society.
- 18 Susanna Wesley Awards.
- 28 Life Achievement Awards.
- 40 Men currently certified as men’s ministry specialists.
- 46 Scout leaders trained the Philmont Scout Ranch.
- 88 Conference presidents and prayer advocates attended a March training session.
- 90 Men who taught Disciple Bible Study in state prisons.
- 99 Years of partnership with Boy Scouts of America
- 150 Hearing aids ready to give to Haitian children by Hope of Hearing when political conditions allow.
- 170 People currently certified as scouting ministry specialists.
- 310 Handicap ramps built by SAWS in three states.
- 475 UM Men engaged in an 8-week AMEND study of domestic violence.
- 1,720 Tons of literature delivered to 28 different countries by Love Packages.
- 2,338 Number of EMS members.
- Continued on next page
- Continued from previous page
- 2,700 Volunteers at Love Packages who worked with six employees to provide literature to 50 million people.
- 3,111 Churches with chartered Scout units.
- 3,258 Number of chartered churches.
- 3,631 P.R.A.Y. Awards given by 799 UM churches.
- 9,058 Strength for Service books distributed.
- 9,344 Scouting units in UM churches.
- 25,245 Dollars contributed to the Upper Room Prayer Line.
- 106,498 Dollars provided by UM Men to Society of St. Andrew Meals for Millions.
- 153,984 Participants in UM Men organizations according local church reports.
- 264,940 Prayer requests received by the Upper Room Prayer Line in 2018.
- 300,710 Pounds of produce gleaned with Society of St. Andrew.
- 486,003 Youth served by scouting units in UM churches.
- 3,549,933 Servings of food provided by UM Men through Meals for Millions.
- 16,691,507 Dollars spent on UMM projects according to local church reports.