Summer camp plans are gaining speed
FAITH IN MOTION — Mobile day camps this summer in as many as eight towns will benefit from a 2017 New People New Places grant of $121,247. Directed by the Conference’s Camps ministry, trained young adults will lead these one-week programs for children. They’ll combine fun with first steps for kids in knowing and following Jesus.
New People, New Places
- New People New Places 2017 Grants
- Journeying side-by-side
- Summer camp plans are gaining speed
- Altus to help military personnel
- St. James asks ‘Now What?’
- Breeze through signup for all summer camps with a new online system. Create only one set of forms to register for multiple camps as well as for Youth Force. Deadline is April 30 for early-bird discounts. Payment options include using a credit card. Go to www.okcamps.org.
- New specialty camps on the calendar are: Trek 3, for students in grades 6-8, in Montana during late July; and Hispanic Family Camp, at Canyon in early May.
- 58 deans have been certified after training to make summer church camping even better and safer.
- The annual Summer Camps book has been mailed to every church. Also find information at www.okcamps.org.