Share the Joy
Wow! They came! I invited someone to my church’s Christmas event, and they’re here. WHAT NOW?
Just how do we prepare for company in the Christmas season?
New folks in our churches need extra consideration and kindness to help them experience the fullness of warmth in Christ when they come among our church family.
Simple things can clutter their minds. They wonder which door to use, where the bathrooms are, if there is a changing area for babies.
Thoughtfulness on our part can meet these needs so they will feel free to experience joy in the birth of our Savior.
• Invite a church member’s grandchild who isn’t familiar with your services to attend one Sunday. Afterward, talk with them about what they didn’t know, understand, or enjoy. That can yield helpful insights.
• Go to the Share the Joy playlist on the YouTube channel "OkumcCommunications"; you will find video resources there.
• Visit a church unfamiliar to you and then ask yourself what would have heightened your enjoyment.
At the event
• Greeters with name badges and smiles are a great help.
• Fellowship with munchies before the event seems to relax folks.
For suggestions specific to small churches, contact Jim Hollifield at Wagoner-First UMC.
New people are just waiting to be invited by you to experience a spiritual Christmas. Plan now to invite them and then welcome them with Jesus’s love.
SHARE THE JOY
The Conference evangelism task force is leading a SHARE THE JOY social media campaign during this holiday season.
Pastors, watch for details and promotional materials in your email this month.