Project Transformation now hiring for Summer 2022
Submitted by Roxie Hacker, Project Director, Project Transformation
Project Transformation gives college age young adults an unforgettable summer to connect with other young adults; serve children in areas experiencing marginalization; receive professional development; discern their life’s mission; step into actionable leadership; and immerse themselves in a community of young adults, children, and churches.
Young adults in the program will become AmeriCorps members for 10 weeks, and lead summer day camps focused on literacy around the state of Oklahoma. Reading proficiency is a key indicator of a child’s future success, yet 80 percent of children in households experiencing marginalization are behind grade level in reading. Project Transformation works to improve the literacy levels of Oklahoma children in a fun camp environment.
A short video about Project Transformation can be found here.
For more information, or to apply, visit https://projecttransformation.org/oklahoma or email email@example.com.
Summer AmeriCorps members receive:
- A living stipend of $2,823
- A scholarship of $1,342
- Free Housing
- Most meals
- Various professional development and service opportunities throughout the summer
2021 Host Sites are located at:
- Mangum First United Methodist Church
- Enid First United Methodist Church
- El Reno Wesley United Methodist Church
- Putnam City United Methodist Church
- Quail Springs United Methodist Church
- Chapel Hill United Methodist Church
- Tulsa Southern Hills United Methodist Church
- Muskogee Saint Paul United Methodist Church
- Bartlesville First United Methodist Church