OKUMC Camps now hiring summer workers
The Oklahoma Conference Camps ministry is hiring workers for the summer season.
OKUMC Camps have three camp sites across the state: Canyon Camp in Hinton, Camp Egan in Tahlequah, and Cross Point in Kingston.
Executive Director Ed Parker said candidates should have a desire to serve others, flexibility, grace under pressure, work well with others, be open to constructive feedback, not be afraid to work long hours, and have a sense of humor.
“It’s a perfect opportunity to grow a person’s faith, minister to others, and also gain valuable skills–all while serving in a beautiful environment,” Parker said. “These are competetive positions. A servant-attitude is the prime trait we’re looking for; we’ll train people that are willing to learn.”
OKUMC Camps, Oklahoma City
- Camp Registrar. Seasonal full-time, optional transition to part-time. Full job description here. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cross Point Camp, Kingston
- Guest service staff; minimum age 16
- Lifeguards; minimum age 19, must be certified
- Maintenance service
- All positions require background check; most require valid driver’s license. Contact Jeff Hiller at email@example.com or call 580-564-2505.
Camp Egan, Tahlequah
- Archery instructors
- Kitchen staff
- College student positions with housing available. Deadline to apply April 15. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-456-6489.