NPNP 2020 grant applications due Aug. 31
New People New Places is preparing for its sixth year of awarding grants to ministries that “reach new, younger, and more diverse people to become world-changing disciples of Jesus Christ.” Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 31. Any Conference ministry and churches of every size may apply.
To date, grants ranging from $1,970 to $150,000 have been awarded to 73 ministries in all eight districts across the state. These ministries have seen a total of 299 professions of faith, with some ministries able to replicate programs in new locations.
Though no request is off-limits, every request must show how the proposed project relates to making new disciples and demonstrate the steps between the initial project and new discipleship. Projects should also show a plan for financial sustainability within three years. Applicants should be able to show strong support from their church, District Mission Strategy Team and District Superintendent.
- Share how project will make new disciples of Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate buy-in and engagement from church members
- Show financial accountability for the project, including a sample budget
- Describe expected outcomes and measurements for success, and share the process of self-examination
- Include evidence of connection as well as any endorsements from DMST and/or district superintendent
Find sample form, sample budget, sample scoresheet, and application at www.NewPeopleNewPlaces.org.