Conference prepares for GC2020 with constructive conflict class
Conflict in interpersonal relationships is taking center stage during a six-week online training aimed at re-framing a person’s approach to conflict.
Healing the Wounds that Divide Us is a training series led by coaching consultant Rebekah Simon-Peter, author of Dream Like Jesus: Deepen Your Faith. Each training session is held on Monday from 5-6:30 p.m. The cost for the class is $150, which includes the cost of the Productive Conflict DiSC profile that serves as the textbook for the training.
The training schedule includes:
- Pre-Work: Set up online account to take DiSC Everything DiSC Productive Conflict profile, complete profile and upload into MyEverythingDiSC.com, print profile.
- March 16: Setting the Stage: Creating a safe space for the group. Welcome from the Bishop/Conference. The presence of conflict in the history of the church. General Conference Legislation and Judicial Council rulings—facts and implications.
- March 23: DiSC in Conflict.
- March 30: Destructive Responses.
- April 6: Changing Your Responses.
- April 13: Tools to think/talk theologically. Quadrilateral for faithful UM decision-making. Includes short history of biblical hermeneutics/interpretation. Teaching from the Bishop Nunn on soul wounds/PTSD.
- April 20: Courageous conversations. Equips people to share what they have learned with their colleagues and congregants.
Register for the class online at okumc-reg.brtapp.com/ProductiveConflictClass.