Conference co-sponsors free web series training for faith leaders
The Oklahoma Conference has joined with Crisis Care Ministries and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Oklahoma to present a new webinar series.
“Caring for Your Congregation and Community During Crisis,” a new web series for ministry leaders, will address various issues facing ministry leaders in today’s political climate. Attendance certificates for continuing education credits are available for each course, but pre-registration for the course is required.
“Faith and community leaders are facing historic challenges, testing the limits of our creativity, strength, and resilience,” the website states. “In this webinar series, experienced specialists in disaster response, recovery, health, mental health, and congregational & family life offer their expertise to help leaders gain new skills and knowledge to face the difficult crises impacting our communities.”
Representatives from the following organizations are scheduled to present:
- Catholic Charities (Archdiocese of Oklahoma City)
- Crisis Care Ministries
- Heart and Mind Pastoral Counseling
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma
- St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
- Temple B’Nai Israel (Oklahoma City)
- The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Oklahoma
- The National VOAD Emotional and Spiritual Care Committee
- The Oklahoma Conference of the United Methodist Church
- The Oklahoma Department of Health
- The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- The Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps Stress Response Team/SRT inc.
- The Oklahoma Office of Homeland Security
- Southern Baptist Disaster Relief
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See topics at www.crisiscareministries.net.
Register online at okumc-reg.brtapp.com/CaringforYourCongregationandCommunityDuringCrisis.