SMITH — Rita Ruth Smith, age 73, of Duncan died Feb. 6, 2017. She was the wife of Rev. Arden J. Smith, retired.
They married on Oct. 25, 1963.
Among other survivors are a brother and a sister in Arkansas.
Service was Feb. 8 at Duncan-Wesley UMC, where she was a member. Rev. Smith pastored there from 1994 until his retirement in 2002.
Burial was Feb. 9 at Memory Gardens Cemetery, McAlester.
• Betty Clavier died Feb. 7. She was the mother of Rev. Caroline Lovett, pastor at Elmore City.
• Susan Grove, retired, to Crescent-First UMC, effective March 1.
• Dylan Ward, from Adair to Adair/Foyil, effective Feb. 15.
• Marcia Martin, from Vian to Vian/Gore, effective Feb. 15.
• Bill Buttram, from Gore to retirement, effective Feb. 15.
• Daniel Hammans, from Canton to Canton/Seiling, effective March 1.
• Norm Watson, from Seiling to Leave of Absence, effective March 1.