HERNDON — Rev. Charles M. Herndon, 79, of Tulsa, died July 20, 2016.
His ministry career began in 1957. He served Durant-Wesley, Trinity-Muskogee (youth pastor), Gene Autry Springer, Crescent, Midwest City-Wickline (associate pastor), Mannford, Hennessey, Collinsville, Beaver, Tonkawa, Okmulgee-First, OKC-Southern Hills, Cushing, Vinita, and in retirement as chaplain of Oklahoma Methodist Manor in Tulsa.
Among survivors are his wife of 57 years, Margie Herndon, and children Mark Herndon, Alan Herndon, and EvaMarie Campbell.
Service was Aug. 6 at Tulsa-Boston Avenue United Methodist Church, where his daughter is an associate pastor. Memorial gifts to: Boston Avenue UMC or Oklahoma Methodist Manor.
VINCENT — Barbara Lynn Vincent, 67, of Waukomis, died July 10, 2016. She was the widow of Rev. Garry Russell Vincent, who died in March.
Among survivors are daughter Crystal Lynn Godfrey.
Service was July 14 at Gage UMC.
COMPTON — Doris Aline Compton, 93, of Oklahoma City, died July 8, 2016. She was the wife of Rev. Orra Compton, retired.
Service was July 23 at Church of the Open Arms, Oklahoma City.
• Marion Janene Whitley, 79, of Oakdale, La., died July 19. She was the mother of Rev. Mark Whitley, pastor at Verdigris.
• Monica Louise Stinnett, 74, of Enid, died July 20. She was the mother of Rev. Chris Stinnett, pastor at Apache.
• Derrek Belase, from Prague/Arlington churches to Conference director of Discipleship, effective Aug. 1.
• Greg Ray, new, to Blanchard, effective Aug. 1.
• Charles Spears, from Wesley Foundation director, University of Tulsa, to retirement, effective Aug. 1.