Author addresses questions about online attendance practices
In a recent blog, Christian author and speaker Carey Nieuwhof has addressed five awkward questions about how churches track online worship attendance.
Nieuwhof encourages churches to consider five areas of concern when calculating their online attendance, including what metrics to use, how to address low view times, whether to use a multiplier, how to define accuracy and why online attendance matters.
Additionally, Nieuwhof offers five best practices for churches to follow, including using consistent benchmarks, tracking engagement, connecting with engagers, monitoring momentum and experimenting with content.
The full article is available on the author’s website at careynieuwhof.com.
Five Questions: How to Measure Online Attendance
- Should three second views count?
- What do you do about low average watch times?
- Should you use an attencance multiplier?
- Is physical attendance more accurate?
- Does counting attendance even matter?
- Set a few simple, consistent online attendance benchmarks
- Measure and track engagement
- Connect with your engagers
- Monitor momentum
- Keep Experimenting