First meetings for new districts
Photo by Derrek Belase
FAREWELL WITH FLAIR — A high-energy final conference for the Stillwater District blessed churches’ members and clergy on Jan. 24. Historical reflections honored the devoted churches that have served Christ for decades. The conference also trumpeted the potential to further grow God’s kingdom as the Oklahoma Conference realigns in eight districts on June 1. Cheerleading during the music-saturated program were Superintendent Tish Malloy at left, Bishop Robert Hayes Jr., and other district leaders.
As Oklahoma continues transitioning to eight districts, participants at these upcoming inaugural conferences will worship together, elect leaders, set budgets, and take action to incorporate.
Following the Cimarron District Conference & Celebration, a get-acquainted luncheon with catered meal will be held. Meal cost is $10.
- Cimarron District: April 11 Woodward-First UMC 10:30 a.m.
- Northern Prairie District: April 12 Perry UMC 3 p.m.
- Crossroads District: April 18 OKC-Church of the Servant 10:30 a.m.
- Wichitas District: April 19 Lawton-Centenary UMC 3 p.m.
- Lake Country District: April 25 McAlester-First UMC 10:30 a.m.
- Heartland District: April 26 Norman-McFarlin UMC 3 p.m.
- Council Oak District: May 3 Tulsa-First UMC 2 p.m.
- Green Country District: May 3 Claremore-First UMC 3 p.m.
For more information, contact your current district superintendent.