|OCU has long filled the first two weeks of December with holiday celebrations. The current semester concludes Dec. 16.
You are invited to participate in the following events to make this season even brighter.
- Dec. 1—Hanging of the Greens. We mark the beginning of the Advent season in our chapel service at 1 p.m. with hymns, readings, and the presentation of the greens by the Spirit of Grace liturgical dancers.
- Dec. 1-4 and 8-11—"A Christmas Carol." Oklahoma Children’s Theatre joins with Theatre OCU to present this classic tale by Charles Dickens. The show is staged at the Burg Theatre in the Kirkpatrick Fine Arts Center on campus. Tickets are available by calling 405-951-0011 or visiting www.oklahomachildrenstheatre.org.
- Dec. 5—The Surrey Singers present their "Holiday Show" in Petree Recital Hall at 8 p.m. Admission is free—no ticket required.
- Dec. 8-11—The American Spirit Dance Company presents "Home for the Holidays," directed by Jo Rowan, in the Kirkpatrick Auditorium. This is a Broadway-style Christmas-holiday dance extravaganza, with a mix of new dances and audience favorites. Contact the OCU Ticket Office at 405-208-5227.
- Dec. 9-10—Christmas Vespers Candlelight Christmas Concert. An ensemble of more than 250 OCU singers and orchestral musicians will celebrate the 33rd annual presentation of this special concert. Due to popular response, a third presentation is scheduled this year, on Saturday afternoon, in addition to two evening performances. Tickets are available at the door or by calling 405-208-5227.