He died June 10, 2014, at age 86.
Fred was born Oct. 6, 1927, in Wilburton. He was a World War II veteran.
Fred married Sue Schnaithman on July 29, 1951.
He graduated from Perkins School of Theology, where he was a member of the Seminary Singers.
His clergy career began in 1954 and included serving as Wesley Foundation director at the University of Tulsa. He pastored at Owasso, Comanche, Sallisaw, OKC-Hillcrest, Guthrie-First, and OKC-South Lee, officially retiring in 1979.
He also worked as a rancher, stockbroker, and public relations director.
Among survivors: his wife, Sue; children Debbie Knight, Andy Knight, and David Knight; five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Memorials to: Church of the Servant Ministry of Music Department.
THOMPSON — Rev. Mackenzie Cummings Thompson, 86, of Oklahoma City died June 11, 2014.
Mac was born April 14, 1928, in Cincinnati, Ohio. He married Edith Frances Mahaffey on Nov. 25, 1950. He was a graduate of Oklahoma City University and Phillips University.
Rev. Thompson was the founding director of Skyline Urban Ministry in Oklahoma City (1969-1981).
His clergy career began in 1951. He pastored at Jenks, Blanchard, Colbert/Calera, Tulsa-Harrison Memorial, Enid-St. Luke’s, OKC-St. Matthew’s, and OKC-Village. He served in Circle of Care. Appointed to OCU, he was dean of the chapel and head of the substance abuse counseling center. He retired in 1994.
Among survivors: his wife, Edith; children Jerry and Jack Thompson and Cindy Krone; six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Service was June 14 at OCU’s Smith Chapel. Memorials to: Skyline Urban Ministry.
INGRAM — Rev. Dorothy Tomisene Ingram, 76, of Carnegie died June 10, 2014.
She was born March 27, 1938, in Fay. Tomisene McAlister married Francis Ingram of Elgin on Aug. 31, 1958.
She was a foster parent and also hosted exchange students and refugees. Tomisene was a home economics teacher, extension agent, and more during her work career.
She entered ministry in 1991 and pastored at Roosevelt, Lookeba, Gracemont, Hardesty, Lucien, Cache, Jay, and Texhoma. She retired in 2007.
She was part of a Kairos Team, a camp counselor, and more during her clergy career.
Among survivors: her husband, Francis; children Desiree, Wesley, and Michael Ingram and Leisa Weintraub; and seven grandchildren.
Service was June 13 at Carnegie-First UMC.
STILL — Rev. Frederick Eugene Still Sr., 91, of Bradenton, Fla., died May 17, 2014.
Fred was born June 14, 1922, in Knoxville, Tenn.
His clergy career began in 1944. He was a U.S. Navy chaplain as well as a pastor. He served in six annual conferences: Holston, Virginia, North Alabama, North Carolina, Pacific Northwest, and Oklahoma; and also in Great Britain.
His Oklahoma service began in 1967. He pastored at OKC-St. Luke’s and OKC-Selecman, and he was assigned to Honorable Location in 1970. He officially retired in 1989.
Among survivors: children Sheila Hoyt and Rick Still and four grandchildren.
Service was May 23 at Rose Mortuary Broadway Chapel, Knoxville.
FLUTE — Stella Mae Coon Flute, 77, of Tahlequah died June 5, 2014. She was the widow of Rev. Levi Flute, who died May 23, 1982.
Stella was born March 26, 1937, in Adair County. She was Cherokee. Stella was a founding member of Rocky Mountain Baptist Church. She had a long career as a nurse, retiring in 1995.
She married Rev. Flute on Oct. 24, 1981.
Among survivors: children Darryl Begay, Ella Begay, Tammy Lee, and Bobby Lee; and eight grandchildren.
Service was June 11 at Reed-Culver Funeral Home, Tahlequah.
HARRISON — Dorothy Winona Rogers Harrison, 99, of Jacksonville, Fla., died May 29, 2014. She was the widow of Rev. Hugh H. Harrison, who died in 1989.
Dorothy was born Oct. 1, 1914, in Prague. The Harrisons married in 1934.
Among survivors: children Martha Roche and Bill Harrison, six grandchildren, and nine great-grandchildren.
Service was June 7 at Sunny Lane UMC, Del City. Memorials to: United Methodist Committee on Relief.
• Kenneth Kemper of Tulsa died May 23. He was the father of Rev. Jack Kemper, pastor at Muskogee-First.
• William Allen Buck Sr. of Harrah died June 11. He was the father of Rev. Allen Buck, pastor at Summit UMC in Edmond.
• Rev. Sara Elizabeth Pugh married Larry Montgomery on May 24, 2014. Sara is the pastor at Coweta UMC.
• Revs. Judy Bradford and Ken Smith married on May 18, 2014, at Leonard UMC, where Ken is pastor. Judy retired in 2005.
• Kristin and Rev. Jack Terrell-Wilkes welcomed Brooklyn Joy, born May 7, 2014, to their family on June 11. Jack is pastor of Spencer/Urban Mission. Kristin is Office of Mission coordinator at the United Methodist Ministry Center.
• Billy Ballew was born June 3, 2014, to Dirk and Amelia Ballew, who is Media Library coordinator in the Department of Communications at the United Methodist Ministry Center.
• Jana Hogg to the Wesley Foundation at the University of Arkansas in Little Rock (Arkansas Conference) from Ada-First UMC associate pastor (Ardmore District), effective July 1.