Annual Conference 2014 -- Meetings embrace digital era
Digital communication is a dominant aspect of the May 26-29 Annual Conference in Oklahoma City, at St. Luke’s UMC and Oklahoma City University.
The Web information hub is: http://www.okumc.org/annual_conference
• Register online. Go to the hub and click “Registration.”
The form is a one-stop site, with options for meal reservations, childcare, Youth at Conference (YAC), and more.
You must make your own lodging plans. Find information at “Hotel Information” and “OCU Lodging.” Deadlines apply.
• The Pre-Conference Workbook is online. You can download it to your personal digital device. If you require a printed copy, order that using the registration form. Price is $15.
• Bring your personal digital device with you.
Wireless connectivity is being expanded to accommodate you at OCU’s Freede Center. Designated areas will permit limited “emergency” charging of digital devices. Your response to the final question on the registration form will assist planning.
• Clergy, schedule your portrait session now. Choose the link “Lifetouch Photos.”
The company Lifetouch Church Directories will create a new, professional clergy directory for the Conference. Every clergy member is requested to participate.
• Live streaming of the worship and business sessions again will be offered. A high-speed Internet connection is crucial.
• Digitally challenged? Delegates who have trouble with online registrations or Internet access are encouraged to contact their church offices or District Office for assistance. Retired clergy who have trouble may email Jan Polson in the United Methodist Ministry Center, email@example.com.