Links of Interest
- UMC Scouting
- Girl Scouts
- Oklahoma United Methodist Women
- Oklahoma United Methodist Men
- General Board Laity Web site
- Older Adult Ministries
The Center on Aging and Older Adult Ministries
Discipleship Ministries for articles, financial grants, newsletter, Center Sage. www.umcdiscipleship.org/leadership-resources/older-adults
- Other resources: www.CareGiving.org
Ministry of Caring by Duane A. Ewers, www.upperroom.org, an 11 session study in the art of congregational care ministry.
- Subscriptions to the Intrepreter Magazine
- Check out: www.umc.org – tools for ministry
- UM101 online training sponsored by UM Communications check your basic knowledge of the Church
- United Methodist Social Principles
DVD and Book Resources
- “LEADERSHIP ESSENTIALS – PRACTICAL TOOLS FOR LEADING IN THE CHURCH” Carol Cartmill & Yvonne Gentile, Cokesbury. Offers practical skills, and practice exercise in recruiting and motivating volunteers, settings a vision for a team, planning effective meetings, mentoring, leading through change & conflict management.
- “LEADERSHIP FROM THE HEART – LEARNING TO LEAD WITH LOVE AND SKILL” – Cokesbury. A 10 week study for small groups, retreats – leads adults through key areas of Christian growth, servant leadership and team building. Leaders kit and DVD available.
- Committee on Lay Leadership -The functions and role of this committee were expanded by the 2000 General Conference. At that time the Committee on Nominations was changed to the Committee on Lay Leadership.
A training resource, called “Moving from Nomination to Development of Lay Leadership,” is available. The resource has been developed by the Annual Conference’s Leadership Development Ministry Team for the local church, Committee on Lay Leadership.
This resource will clarify those changes and will help the committee to become more grounded in the mission of the church and gain new skills in selecting leaders for the local church. You may get a copy of “Moving from Nomination to Development of Lay Leadership” from your district office or the Conference Media Center, 1501 N.W. 24th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73106; (405)530-2008. Oklahoma Conference DVD Library.
Resources for Ministry to Men - Many of the resources for Ministry to Men are available for direct download to your computer. You may duplicate as needed for your group.
GUIDELINES FOR LEADING YOUR CONGREGATION
The new Guidelines for individual ministry are available through your Cokesbury bookstore, by calling (800)672.1789 or Cokesbury.com
“How to have Successful Meetings,” from Chaning Bete - $1.15 Cokesbury – (800)672.1789, Cokesbury.com.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING: “Guidelines for Leading Your Congregation – Lay Leader/Lay Member –Connecting the visions and plans of your congregation” $2.50, Cokesbury.com. or (800)672-1789