Sustainable Benefits for the Future
What does it mean to be Self-Funded?
The health plan that Oklahoma United Methodist Conference offers is called a self-funded health plan. This means the Oklahoma Conference assumes the financial risk associated with providing health care benefits to its employees. Rather than paying fixed premiums to an insurance company, which, in turn, assumes the financial risk, Oklahoma Conference, thru our agreement with Blue Cross & Blue Shield, pays for medical claims out of pocket as they are incurred. Premiums and rates for the Conference plan are determined by plan utilization every year. Every year we only collect what we need to pay for the plan. Because of this it’s important to be a wise health care consumer as our participants are directly responsible for all of the costs associated with the plan.
Do Your Part
- Be actively involved in our Wellness Program
- Always use In Network Providers when available
- If enrolled in a PPO Plan, use a Kempton Premier Provider
- If enrolled in a High Deductible Plan, take advantage of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Benefits Value Advisor and the Member Rewards Program
to get the best service at the lowest cost for yourself and the Conference.
- Be a wise consumer with your prescription medications. Prescription drug prices can and do vary based upon the pharmacy that you choose.
- Employee Navigator Log In
- Enroll in the Plan
- Summary of Medical Plans available in 2018
- Active Clergy & Lay Health Insurance Information
- Retired Clergy Health Insurance Information
For more information
Oklahoma Conference of The United Methodist Church Benefits
Office:1501 N.W. 24th, Oklahoma City, OK 73106-3635
Kate Scraper, Director of Benefits & Personnel
(405) 530-2063; email@example.com
Devon Kuckenbecker, Benefits Administrative Assistant
(405) 530-2069; firstname.lastname@example.org
Wespath Benefits and Investments)
1901 Chestnut Ave, Glenview, IL 60025-1604