- The Oklahoma Conference
- Clergy Information
- Board of Ordained Ministry
- Ministerial Recruitment and Nurture
- Discernment of the Call- Exploration Event
Exploration is sponsored by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry. The Exploration event invites participants to consider the variety of ways in which their baptism can be lived out in ministry to the world. If you have sensed that God might be calling you to ordained ministry, wondered what ministry in The United Methodist Church is all about, or would like some help sorting through the issues surrounding a Christian vocation, this is the gathering for you.
What will I Learn?
You will learn that all baptized Christians are called to ministry. Some people are called to set apart ministries of Word, Order, Sacrament, and Service through the church. The ordained ministry of deacons and elders offers incredible opportunities for service in a variety of settings. Ministry settings will include local church, campus ministry, hospital and military chaplaincy, mission at home and abroad, teaching in college and seminary, social work, counseling in private practice, staffing annual conference, and many others.
At this weekend you will learn:
• how you can discern God's call for your life
• about ordained ministry in The United Methodist Church
• the next steps you could take towards ordained ministry
You will also:
•visit ministry experiences sites and talk with ministers on their own turf in churches, a college campus, and many urban ministry settings as well as other contexts.
• meet other young people from across the country who are considering their call to ministry
• have an opportunity to talk with persons in a variety of ministries
Should I Attend?
Yes. If you would like to explore God's calling and are 18 to 26 years of age you should attend this exciting gathering of other Christians who are also trying to discern God's call in their lives.
For more info go to: