Office of Connectional Ministries
The Office of Connectional Ministries is responsible for stewarding the vision of the Annual Conference. Based in paragraph 608 of the Book of Discipline, the office has six responsibilities:
- envisioning the ministries necessary to live out the mission of the church in and through the annual conference;
- creating and nurturing relationships and connections among the local, district, annual conference, and general Church ministries;
- providing encouragement, coordination, and support for the ministries of nurture, outreach, and witness in districts and congregations for the transformation of the world;
- ensuring the alignment of the total resources of the annual conference to its mission;
- developing and strengthening ethnic ministries, including ethnic local churches and concerns;
- providing for advocacy and monitoring functions to ensure that the church is consistent with its stated values.
The Director of Connectional Ministries and staff provide oversight to the program ministries of the Annual Conference:
- Annual Conference Council
- New People, New Places
- Conference Council on Youth Ministry (CCYM)
- Young People’s Ministry Advisory Board
- Board of Higher Education & Campus Ministry
- Local Church Development Ministry Team
- Mission and Service Ministry Team
- Minority Local Church Concerns Ministry Team
- Archives and History
- Board of Ordained Ministry
- United Methodist Women & Men
- Board of Laity
- Conference Nominations
Consulting and coaching for local churches can be requested and coordinated through the office of the director. Training includes discipleship and leadership pathways, evangelism, QPR suicide prevention training, community engagement, generational theory, strategic planning and board governance and development. Other trainings can be arranged and developed as needed.
For more information on this office, contact director Rev. Derrek Belase, email@example.com, 405-530-2020.