Oklahoma United Methodist Camps and Retreats
POSITION: Administrative Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committed Christian able to support OK United Methodist philosophy and policies and the vision and mission of camp ministry.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing responsibilities with no supervision.
- Able to deal effectively with multiple constituencies, including senior level leadership, clergy, board members, donors, parents, camp deans, differing philosophical or theological viewpoints, and vendors.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience in customer service or related field, able to resolve problems and complaints diplomatically.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Ability to learn new software programs including accounting and camp registration packages.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Finance and Billing
- Process Site Billing and Income Packets: Receive, allocate and track income and expenses from sites from reception to processing in the accounting department
- Ensure all bills have been coded properly
- Reconcile funds as necessary with accounting office
- Coordinate collections of outstanding balances at end of camp season
- Generate check requests as needed and mail/process
Coordinate Donor Acknowledgements. Coordinate the timely acknowledgment of all donations to the ministry:
- Receive and log all donations from individuals, organizations and foundations.
- Ensure all contact information is current.
- Inform Executive Director on a timely and regular basis of gifts received.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters for Executive Director to sign.
Maintain Camp Constituency Database. Ensure camp constituency database is current and accurate:
- Generate missing data reports at planned intervals.
- Gather missing data from the constituency.
- Validate data on a regular basis.
- Generate and track summary reports as requested.
- Handle newsletter and brochure mailings.
- Distribute promotional materials according to schedule.
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding mailing guidelines and postal regulations.
Act as Camp Registrar. Coordinate and oversee all details related to camp and event registrations
- Coordinate scheduling of camps
- Assist in recruitment of Camp Deans
- Utilize Camp Brain registration software to build season schedules, open and close registrations
- Assist parents and deans with registration issues
- Communicate with Camp Deans regarding capacities, prices, open/close dates
Coordinate Administrative Functions
- Schedule meeting times and places and communicate those details to participants. Coordinate meals and logistics.
- Communicate with Board members as needed regarding meeting times, locations or call-in details
- Participate in and coordinate Leadership Team meetings
- Attend all board meetings and serve as assistant secretary, taking notes, transcribing and forwarding by email to Secretary.
- Manage Social Media messaging
- Interact with Graphic Artists to ensure quality product(s) and timely delivery
- Interact with Communications Department regarding camp-related newsworthy articles and messaging
- Manage website content, ensuring up-to-date content and structure
- Leverage conference relationships appropriately to accomplish specialized tasks and projects
- Maintain a Christian, customer-service oriented work atmosphere.
- Flexibility in responding to constant change
- Keep main office clean, orderly
- Keep office supplies and storage areas inventoried and orderly
- Develop and operate from standards of performance
- Improve skills as needed
- Greet camp visitors
- Coordinate and update telephone messaging system
- Maintain strict standards of confidentiality
- Cultivate good working relationships with all workers in the Ministry Center
- Ability to think strategically and implement operationally