Oklahoma UMC Conference Welcomes New Treasurer
The Oklahoma Conference of the United Methodist Church will welcome a new treasurer at the start of the new year.
Randy Compton, CPA, will be the interim treasurer for the OKUMC starting Jan. 1, 2020. The move comes after the current treasurer, Rev. Dr. Norma Gravley-Quinn, announced that she would retire on Dec. 31.
Compton is a professional lay person who has served on the Conference Council on Finance and Administration, the entity responsible for developing and implementing fiscal and administrative policies for the conference, since 2016 and also serves on the conference’s Board of Pensions and Health Benefits. The council contracted Compton to serve as the interim treasurer for the next six to 18 months.
“Randy is a dedicated United Methodist and a seasoned professional with decades of experience,” said Bishop James Nunn. “We are thankful for the expertise he will provide as we approach the work of electing a new conference treasurer.”
Gravley-Quinn held multiple leadership roles in the conference, including administrative services director, chief benefits officer and conference statistician. To account for these leadership needs, additional supervisory changes will be put into motion within the conference on Jan. 1, 2020.
- Communications Director Rev. Dr. Joe Harris will take on the role of Conference Statistician as well as supervision of the Information Technology Department and the treasurer’s administrative assistant as both positions affect multiple areas of ministry throughout the conference. Harris will continue to serve as the conference secretary and the assistant to the bishop.
- Director of Connectional Ministry Rev. Derrek Belase will assume responsibilities relating to the daily operations of the Oklahoma Conference Ministry Center.
- New Faith Communities Director Rev. Chris Tiger will take on responsibilities relating to closed churches and the conference Legacy Fund.
- Rev. Connie Gibson, superintendent for the Wichitas District, while remaining as superintendent, will serve as the interim Chief Benefits Officer, including oversight of the Pensions and Health Benefits Office.
- Pam Weatherford, who serves as the administrative assistant to the bishop, will coordinate the work of the district administrators.
The Oklahoma Conference Ministry Center is located at 1501 N.W. 24th St., Oklahoma City, OK, 73106. For more information, please email Communications Director Rev. Dr. Joe Harris at email@example.com.