- The Oklahoma Conference
- Clergy Information
- Board of Ordained Ministry
- Ministerial Recruitment and Nurture
- Adopt a seminary student
Adopt a seminary student from the Oklahoma Annual Conference. Adopt a seminary student is an effort to support our seminary students financially, through scholarship aid, and emotionally, through relationships with people and local congregations.
(Adoption includes activities such as sending greeting cards for birthdays and holidays, "care packages" during finals, etc.)
1) Choose a student. Names are available by contacting the Board of Ordained Ministry Assistant for Ministerial Services.
2) Contact the student. Get acquainted by calling, email or other correspondence.
3) Designate a "ministerial recruiter" in your church as a coordinator with the student or choose someone to be responsible for a consistent relationship with the student.
4) Keep your congregation informed regarding the student's progress.