Resources in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
On this page, you will find a collection of resources and articles concerning the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you are looking to get started sharing videos, or seeking answers for your large congregation, the United Methodist Church on all levels of the denomination wants to provide you with the best resourcespossible to continue making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Oklahoma conference clergy respond to fears about coronavirus
- Memo regarding COVID-19 and CDC Guidelines (updated March 25, 2020)
- List of OKUMC churches live streaming and video links
- Resource UMC- Helping your church respond to coronavirus
- (UMC.org) Coronovirus: What to Know, How to Help
- (CDC.gov) Coronovirus Information and Updates
- (UMCmission.org) UMCOR Moves to Support Local Partner in China Fighting Coronovirus Crisis
- Oklahoma State Department of Heath Information on COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
- Online Church: Using Technology To Reach Your Community During Times Of Social Distancing
- Pandemic Response Worship Resources
- Information from Wespath-
- Sample letter to a congregation concerning positive COVID-19 test
- Being the [ virtual ] Church
- Making the Most of Online Small Groups (UMC Discipleship)
- Five Tips for Managing Your Church Budget During the COVID-19 Crisis
If you are in an area where live streaming is not possible, but you still want to share videos with your congregation, below is a short video tutorial on that process. Andrew Himes (OKUMC Web and Multimedia manager) demonstrates posting a video directly from your cell phone to YouTube.
Meagan Ewton (OKUMC Editor of Publications) and Travis Ewton (Calumet and Red Rock UMCs) hosted a Facebook Live event demonstrating how to get started live streaming your services on Facebook live. You can view that video below.