Several new resources have been added to the Oklahoma Conference DVD Library.
They may be borrowed for free. For more information contact Chris Schutz at 405-530-2075 or firstname.lastname@example.org. And check the library’s online list of other resources at www.okumc.org/dvd_library
The new items are:
- "All I Want for Christmas: Opening the Gifts of God’s Grace," by James Moore. This Advent study has five sessions: one for each Sunday of Advent and one for Christmas. Each video is 8 to 10 minutes long.
- "The Wonder of Christmas," an Advent study that includes four DVD video sessions for small-group use. They are: "The Wonder of a Star," "The Wonder of a Name," "The Wonder of a Manger," and "The Wonder of a Promise." The sessions are led by pastors at The Woodlands (Texas) UMC. Also available are a flash drive with worship resources, a leader guide, a youth study book, a children’s leader guide, and a book of devotions.
- Two-disc set for Christmas and Easter: "Because of Bethlehem" and "He Chose the Nails," by Max Lucado. Study guides are available for both.
- "Taking Church to the Community," from the Lewis Center for Church Leadership, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, D.C. Contains DVD presentations titled "Seven Practices of the Outside-In Church," "Go Where the People Are," and "Becoming an Interactive Congregation." The resource also includes a CD with these topics: "Blessing Your Community," "Discipleship 101: Getting Ready," "Ministries and Community Engagement: Heading Out!" and "Reaching Out Through Community Events."
- "John: The Gospel of Light and Life," by Adam Hamilton. The DVD is designed for a six-week study, especially during Lent and Easter. It contains six videos titled "The Word Made Flesh," "The Miraculous Signs of Jesus," "The ‘I Am’ Sayings of Jesus," "The Farewell Discourse," "The Arrest, Trial, and Crucifixion of the King," and "Eternal Life." The DVD comes with several books, including a leader guide, youth study book, and children’s leader guide.
Return to contact digest