A campus ministry board training event will be held March 10, at Wickline UMC in Midwest City, directed by the Oklahoma Annual Conference Board of Higher Education & Campus Ministry (ACBHECM).
This special Saturday training, from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., is specifically designed for all 18 campus ministers and the members of their boards. Anyone interested in knowing how to better serve college students also is invited.
"As we seek to do ministry in an age of ever-expanding technology, yet tighter budgets, we hope board members will gain a better understanding of what it means to serve on a campus ministry board, which today more closely resembles a non-profit board than a church council," stated event leaders.
Topics and speakers for the day include:
- "Who is Leading the Finances at Your Wesley Foundation?"—Brian Bakeman, Conference treasurer;
- "Board Membership - The Right Stuff"—Mark Ashton, board member for ABCHECM and Cameron Campus Ministry;
- "Marketing and Making the Most of Social Media"—David Patterson, ABCHECM board member;
- "Reconnecting and Reclaiming - Building an Alumni Base"—Montie and Galeda Jones, campus ministers at Cameron University, Lawton; and
- "What New Campus Ministers Need from the Board"—Gloria McGee-Denton, formerly campus minster at Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Durant.
Contact Bonnie Cates, 405-919-9193, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions.
Register by March 7 with Cheri Grunow, email@example.com. Cost, $10, includes catered lunch.